CNH Tours - Cultural and Natural Heritage Tours Galapagos
Active Galapagos Tour Details
12 nights / 13 days in total: 8 days on the highly acclaimed Samba, 3 days on land in Galapagos, 2 days in Quito. Flights to Galapagos, cruise, hotels, transfers and more included (unlike the "big boys" of the tourism world, we are happy to accommodate itinerary variations to better meet your needs - contact us to discuss).
Vigorous demand for our Active Galapagos charters has prompted us to organize 20 trips in 2017, up from only 4 in 2011 - and they still sell out. My husband has had to quit his day job to help me cope. Consider booking your 2016/2017 cruise now to ensure you get the cruise dates you prefer.
** Contact Heather if you have time only for the 8 day cruise, or if you wish to do the full "Grand Galapagos" 15 day circumnavigation **
If the SAMBA is sold out during your preferred travel time, please contact Heather to discuss alternatives.
2016 Active Tours
Our 2016 dates are posted below. New this year: 2 October departures. The price is US$4,675 per person for the 13 day trip, flights included (+$300 for the Christmas / New Year's sailing - imposed by the ship owner).
If our full 13 day trip doesn't quite fit into your schedule, or if you want to embark on a "Grand Galapagos" 15 day cruise, don't hesitate to contact us.
|Tour Code||Start Date||End Date||Itinerary||Spaces Remaining|
|Orca||02 Oct||14 Oct||NW||SOLD OUT|
|Penguin||09 Oct||21 Oct||SE||7 spaces left||Book Now|
|Scalesia||23 Oct||04 Nov||SE||SOLD OUT|
|Plover||18 Dec||30 Dec||SE||SOLD OUT|
|Sea Horse||25 Dec||06 Jan||NW||1 spaces left||Book Now|
2017 Active Tours
Our 2017 trip price is US$4,865 (based on 2 people sharing). The 13 day Active Galapagos trip is one of the best value for money trips to the Galapagos (including cruise, flights, 5 nights hotels, transfers, most meals.). Just the 7 day cruise on many ships come with that price tag or more. Christmas season sailings incur a $300 high season rate increase (imposed by the ship owner).
If our full 13 day trip doesn't quite fit into your schedule, or if you want to embark on a "Grand Galapagos" 15 day cruise, don't hesitate to contact us so that we may help you design your ideal trip.
|Tour Code||Start Date||End Date||Itinerary||Spaces Remaining|
|Albermarle||22 Jan||03 Feb||NW||2 spaces left||Book Now|
|Baltra||05 Feb||17 Feb||NW||SOLD OUT|
|Barrington||19 Feb||03 Mar||NW||3 spaces left||Book Now|
|Bartolome||05 Mar||17 Mar||NW||8 spaces left||Book Now|
|Champion||19 Mar||31 Mar||NW||11 spaces left||Book Now|
|Chatham||26 Mar||07 Apr||SE||SOLD OUT|
|Covington||16 Apr||28 Apr||NW||7 spaces left||Book Now|
|Daphne||23 Apr||05 May||SE||7 spaces left||Book Now|
|Fernandina||30 Apr||12 May||NW||8 spaces left||Book Now|
|Floreana||07 May||19 May||SE||8 spaces left||Book Now|
|Genovesa||25 Jun||07 Jul||NW||14 spaces left||Book Now|
|Indefatigable||02 Jul||14 Jul||SW||12 spaces left||Book Now|
|Isabela||09 Jul||21 Jul||NW||14 spaces left||Book Now|
|Marchena||16 Jul||28 Jul||SE||12 spaces left||Book Now|
|Pinta||23 Jul||04 Aug||NW||12 spaces left||Book Now|
|Pinzon||01 Oct||13 Oct||NW||14 spaces left||Book Now|
|Rabida||08 Oct||20 Oct||SE||14 spaces left||Book Now|
|Santa Cruz||19 Nov||01 Dec||SE||6 spaces left||Book Now|
|Santiago||17 Dec||29 Dec||SE||14 spaces left||Book Now|
|Seymour||24 Dec||05 Jan||NW||6 spaces left||Book Now|
2. PRICE DETAILS
- 8 day cruise on an upscale tourist superior ship (all meals, top quality naturalist guide, private double occupancy rooms, private bathroom, hot water, shower, air conditioning)
- Return flight: Quito or Guayaquil, to Galapagos, and back to either Quito or Guayaquil + Transit control card
- 3 nights' accommodation in an upscale boutique hotel (Mansion del Angel), with breakfast, on the continent (2 night pre-tour, and 1 night post-tour)
- Full day tour: Quito - World Heritage colonial Andean city, lunch at the "Caldera's Rim" restaurant, and a visit to the "monument to the Equator"
- Host in Quito to help with transfers
- Airport transfers in Quito for the Galapagos departure and arrival
- Free use of kayaks (3) on-board the ship (used only at dedicated visitor sites)
- Wetsuit, snorkel, mask and fins
- Two additional nights in Puerto Ayora, (family owned and operated Hotel Fernandina)
- Most meals, as indicated in the itinerary
- CNH Tours advice on pre or post trip extensions in the region
- Our very own, personally written Galapagos Voyage Guide (electronic version)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Tip for naturalist guide (sug. $100/person), ship's crew (sug. $200/person)
- Alcoholic beverages, drinks
- International arrivals and departures transfers
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee ($100 - may change moderately)
- Trip insurance (always strongly recommended)
- Personal expenses
- Some meals, as indicated in itinerary
3. YOUR NATURALIST GUIDES
You will enjoy top services from one of a small team of carefully selected guides that serve our Active Galapagos cruises. Our guides are chosen for their passion and for their in-depth knowledge of Galapagos and conservation. They have a canny knack for conveying this passion to their guests and should be able to handle your most challenging questions.
The Samba's principle guide is Juan Manuel Salcedo. We believe that Juan is at the vanguard of a new generation of naturalist guides in Galapagos - he is promoting a new way to seeing/knowing the islands (see: The Samba Way). Juan is a father of two young girls - his family lives in the highlands of Santa Cruz island. He carried out most of his studies in Ecuador, but also spent some time in California obtaining a "skipper's" certificate. He is personally in charge of selecting the colleagues with whom he shares the CNH Tours Active Galapagos trips.
Juan Manuel Salcedo (South Plaza Island)
SOUTH EAST: Island diversity
# islands visited: 9
The Southeast itinerary will have you visit a great diversity of islands, from the tiny South Plaza, where the odd land/marine iguana hybrids thrive, to the "brought-back-from-the-brink" Española island, once overrun by goats and with only a handful of giant tortoises remaining. You'll be among the very few people to see the waved albatross breeding colony, one of the world's rarest and most endangered species (from mid-April to end November).
NORTH WEST: Born of fire
# islands visited: 5
This itinerary takes you to the more remote reaches of the archipelago, and the most geologically active. Volcanos frequently erupt here - and most of the land consists of wide expanses of sterile lava fields interspersed with small islands of life. Waters are more nutrient rich and cooler - making for more diversity of marine life. The flightless cormorant survives here, but in small numbers.